Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas

Well I suppose it's about time I catch up since tomorrow is officially 2010. It's been a busy few weeks... Christmas Eve we headed over to Lindsey's house for a wonderful dinner. Afterward we reinacted the nativity--guess who got to be Jesus!
Anjuli of course was super excited it was finally Christmas. She didn't even mind our 2 foot pathetic-looking leaning Christmas tree :)

The strings tradition still holds...Zion's string led to a truck, which by the way, is now his favorite word and he says it at least 20 times a day. A true boy.

Anjuli's string led to a dress-up magnetic doll set.


She didn't really care so much about any one particular present--she just loved opening one after another, she was on turbo mode :)


Next year I will do shorter strings...it's hard to do strings with young kids. Zion was too young to grasp the concept and kept crying anytime he'd run into one. Anjuli just wanted to open presents and ditched the string entirely. And we were trying to hurry and wind up our string before anyone had any major accidents! Still, I am glad it is a tradition we carry on. It will be more fun the older the kids get.

I got Zui a pullup bar. It's been a fun challenge for both of us. I can now almost do one pullup if I can get a good jump in (don't laugh!)


Zui got me a bunch of lotions from Burt's Bees. I'm always teasing him that his presents are usually useful things for the house, so he made sure this one wasn't "useful" in that sense :)


Baby Z got a rattle. He could care less :) But really, he is our Christmas present this year. It's funny, the times that are stressful with the 3 kids are usually not because of him. He actually makes motherhood more pleasant right now. When things are tough with Anjuli and Zion I can just look at him and he'll smile right back and I know he loves me. I love that all he does is smile, it is so precious and reminds me why I have kids.
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Corina said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Aren't the little kids funny about the strings? They'll figure it out eventually. You sure have a beautiful family!