Thursday, February 17, 2011

All Aboard!


The kids have been enthralled with a short train movie about 10 minutes long. Ever since, they've been asking me when they could ride on the train. I didn't even think there was a train on Oahu. But I looked it up, and sure enough there is an Oahu Railway Society that restores old trains and offers rides. I was so excited, the kids were even moreso.
They had some really neat locomotives we could look at.
The kids matching shirts are from Grandma (thanks!).

Here's the passenger train we rode. The kids couldn't wait to get on.
The 45 minute tour was just long enough. Pretty slow and bumpy at 15 miles/hr. The kids loved it. Especially since the train passed by construction sites with lots of diggers and bulldozers--two shows in one!
Afterwards Lorinda's family bought all the kids train whistles. Wow! The kids have had tons of fun making ear-shattering noises with these :)
Afterwards we took the kids to McDonald's. The play center was a plus.



Chuck E Cheese was right around the corner. The kids begged to go, so we spent $2 and gave them each 4 tokens. They had a lot of fun in 20 minutes :)


What a fun day. The kids were exhausted by the time we left. I love it when my kids are happy.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow! Tons of new posts! I can't remember all my comments!
-Noelle is way into trains right now too. I had to laugh because we have been checking out train museums too.
-Your kids have grown so much!
-I am excited that you and Zui got a 2 day vacation. That my friend, is golden!
Love the pictures.

Britters and Parx said...

When are you due???? You are such a fun mom! I wish I lived by you! =)

Meilani said...

So fun to catch up on you. I love your family! Each child is so sweet. I can't believe Anjuli is already 4. Jojo turns four this month, too. I loved looking at pics from your parent's visit. How nice that you and Zui could have a little getaway. I am impressed that you two did so much. I probably would have taken a nap and read a book. :) I hope your pregnancy is going well. We miss you guys.