Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving in Cali


I had the best time in Cali visiting my family for Thanksgiving.  It was such a treat.  I hadn't seen my sister or brother in a year and a half.  And I was burned out, to say the least.  I'm so glad I got this much-needed break!  The first morning there these cute girls came in, Grace and Miriam.  Then everyone brought me up breakfast in bed!  Talk about being spoiled!

 


That night they had a party for me!  My birthday was a couple days before, but they still wanted to celebrate.  They made me my favorite dessert (coconut layered dessert sooo good) and gave me presents!!








Miriam is such a great helper and loved shoveling Charlotte's face with cake :)


Look at everything they gave me!!




Don't we look awesome?!  I had no idea Chris was into guns til he brought them with him to go shooting.  I didn't go, but had fun just holding one.  They are huge and heavy!

Miriam was so adorable.  Here she said to me, "Aunt Jenn, want to see my magic trick?"  She magically made the nutella disappear!  

We played lots of this Just Dance game, so fun.


Chris and Brit gave me a Krispy Kreme gift card!  So of course  we went...twice!


Chris and I can really pack it down, a trait we learned in college :)

We finished two fun puzzles while I was there.  This one is a 750 piece!  Levi is a master puzzler.   I was amazed at how much he could put together!

 Me and my cute sis, Cindy.  She took me to In n Out for hamburgers, fries, and shakes.  I ate soo much on this trip.  Lots of time to eat and sleep, what could be better?!

Cute Claire with baby Lucy.

Thanksgiving!  We all went around the room and toasted to what we were thankful for.  I was so grateful for this wonderful amazing trip... everyone treated me like queen bee.

I loved holding little Lucy!  It was so fun to take a nap with her.  

Charlotte loved playing Zingo with me...which is watching her carefully stack all the tiles and then dump them out again.

I even got to meet up with an old friend from Hawaii, the Tayor's!  So nice to reconnect again.
Loved this  Singing around the piano.  We did it on Thanksgiving day, then again before Chris and Brit left with Christmas hymns.

Chris and Brit with their two girls.  It was soo nice visiting with them and catching up.  I'm so glad they drove down for Thanksgiving.  What an amazing trip (although I did miss my own kids at the end).  Had such a wonderful time, full of all my favorite things: eating, sleeping, and talking!  Can't wait to do it again sometime!!

No comments: