Friday, October 3, 2008

Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens


Today we went to Ho'omaluhia to feed the ducks. We had a great time! Those ducks are bread-crazy... as soon as they saw us coming they just started lining up for a handout. We tried to ignore them long enough to go to the lake (as suggested by a dear friend who's been there) but as soon as they realized where we'd gone the whole flock flew over--it was madness!

Anjuli loved chasing the ducks. She kept trying to pet them but was never quick enough.

Zui was working on circus training skills: getting the big geese to jump up and grab the bread out of his hand (which they did).

The big geese were really aggressive, and at one point even pecked at Anjuli to try to get her bread. Oh, that made me mad... Anjuli hasn't stopped talking about the ducks since we left. It was really fun to see her excitement.

3 comments:

Sara Newton said...

I love feeding the ducks! It's true, they do get very aggressive, especially the geese!

Jessica said...

Oh my! That's a lot of ducks and geese!!! How cute to go altogether. I remember I fed a duck a dorito when I was little, well, my finger was also covering the dorito and lo and behold! I got a big bite from it. Kind of traumatic. he he.

j said...

I love your videos. How fun for the little ones!