Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jenn's Projects

Finally getting around to posting about these projects I did while Zui was out of town a few weeks back. Sometimes it's nice to have a husband gone for a little while to have the nights free to really do what I wanna do :)

Project #1: Frames
What do you do with a bunch of miscellaneous frames? Spraypaint! By the way, if you like to decorate and you haven't ventured into the world of spray paint, you should. It is so easy and fun!

First step, use a primer. Use light, even coats. It only takes a few minutes to dry.
Then add the color. I wanted red to match my house. Just a little collage to show the kid additions...
Project #2: Hair Bow Holder
My friend had one of these and she told me it was handmade. I so wanted one but thought there was no way I could make it, it looked too complicated and I thought, when would I ever have time to make this? I made it a goal to make it while Zui was gone. Total time: 1 hour.

If you have girls, you really need to know how to make this--it's a must have for all those girly hair things. Here's how:
1. Cut out a piece of cardboard the size you want your bow holder to be. I used a diaper box (I happen to have plenty of those on hand :)
2. Cover with a piece of fabric, allowing 2 inches of overhang all around. I bought a piece of scrap fabric from Walmart for $1.
3. Hot glue the fabric to three sides of the back of the cardboard.
4. Fill lightly with batting. I opened up an old pillow I was going to dump and used some of the batting inside.
5. Hot glue the last side down.
6. Hot glue ribbon onto back side top and bottom about 3-4 in. apart.
7. If you want, add a pin to be able to hang headbands on top of.
8. Hot glue a ribbon on the top left and right sides to be able to hang it onto the nail.


Voila! It is now displayed in my bathroom. This is Jasmine's collection of flowers. I know, I'm ridiculous :) I bought the lot of them on Amazon with some gift card money we got from a baby gift. I love having a place to put them all!

1 comment:

Chestnut Grove Academy said...

Des was right, you have done a good job of keeping up on your blog! Love all the pics, and cute projects!!