Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Joy School take 2

Last week was my 2nd time teaching Joy School. I took a few more pics to document... Here is Zion modeling the "Weather Watcher" glasses. At craft time we made caterpillars out of egg cartons. First the kids painted them, then glued on googly eyes and used pipe cleaners for antennas. It was a project Zion brought home from preschool that I thought was cute.

Free play time--the favorites are dress-ups and food toys.
On Thursday we talked about the earth, learning about land and water, continents, and using the globe to point out where we live. Anjuli said, "we're the tiny dot in the ocean!" They each took turns finding the tiny dot :)

Then we went around and each said something we love about our earth. I started with "sunshine," then the kids said things like "cookies," "princesses" and "trucks"...
This is our 3 minute rest time while listening to a primary song. Instead of lying on top of the blanket they all decided to go underneath.
To continue our lesson about earth, we made playdoh that we could shape into little earths, although the kids thought it was funner to turn it into birthday cakes :)
Fingerplay, puppet time. Everyone loves the puppets. We sing "5 little ducks" and "Cheesy Mr. Alligator."
Joy school has been so much fun for my kids. I'm really grateful to be a part of it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Jen! How creative. Seriously the glasses made me smile!! You are so awesome. I miss you tons! I really wish we lived closer :( You are the best. And I'm serious. Sigggghhhhh.
We so need to watch Bye Bye BIIIRRDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I'm gonna miss ya so!