Monday, January 19, 2009

Celebration of Life

Friday, January 9th and Saturday January 10th 2009 we celebrated the life of my mother-in-law, Linda Kim. The services were beautiful, with lots of joy and lots of tears.
There was an open viewing before the funeral started. This is when Anjuli saw Grandma for the last time. We just walked by quickly and Anjuli said "Grandma, nigh nigh." She did look very peaceful.

Dennis, Darrell, Lory, Lorinda, Lehua, and Zui
Family picture of the immediate family, including 13 grandchildren.
The pallbearers were Darrell and Zui (sons), Alma, Brent, and Bill (son in laws) and Mahonri (grandson).Dennis' brothers: Harvey, Delbert, Eric, and sister: Lene accompany Dennis in singing a few traditional Hawaiian songs. They ended with "God Be With You til We Meet Again," and "Aloha Oe."Zui's sisters Lory and Lehua danced hula to the song "Where I Live." I remember when they all danced it at our wedding reception in Oregon.It was the most touching hula I have ever seen--a beautiful tribute to their mother. I cried my eyes out watching them.
As they were lowering the casket, Dennis sang to his beloved wife "their song" entitled " I'll Remember You." It was the biggest tear-jerker of all. Covering the casket with rose petals. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life and to know that families are forever. We will miss you so much, Mom!

5 comments:

Britters and Parx said...

Jenn I don't even know your sweet mother in law but I am crying right now. I feel a portion of your loss. I have been thinking so much about you guys. I am so sorry for your great loss! This life can be painful cant it? Thank goodness that there is more after this life! And as is says in the scriptures, our joy will be as great as the pain we feel in this life. You are SO wonderful!! I love you!! =)

JOY said...

I don't know if it's appropriate fro me to leave a comment when we are just meeting and just starting out as blog friens. BUT I'm sorry about your mother-in-law. What a nice tribute you have given her. I know her legacy will live on thru you and your family. She seems like an amazing lady! Thanks for sharing her with us.

Andrews Family said...

Thank you so much for posting that. I was a missionary in the Taiwan Taichung mission and I was so sad I couldn't make it to the funeral. Your post made me feel like I was there. Thanks for helping me experience it(I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out). I love her so much, she will definitely be missed! Thanks again!
Amy (Atkin) Andrews

Anonymous said...

i went to high school with zui and met his dad just a couple of years ago. i never met his mom, but your praises let me know i missed out on knowing a wonderful person! please share my love with zui and the rest of the family! i got teary just reading your blog!! it is wonderful that families are forever...

samantha (makahi) tanuvasa

Anonymous said...

Wow...this is beautiful. And I express my sorrow at your loss. I agree with what you said...so grateful for the gospel. My thoughts and prayers...Lynnette