Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I got double lucky this Mother's Day, in various ways :) First off, Zui surprised me with these beautiful lilies the Saturday 8 days before Mother's Day. I was a little confused since Zui is not the type to spend money on flowers...or spend money at all for that matter, so I ask him what they were for and he says, Duh, it's Mother's Day tomorrow! Haha! He was a little stunned when I reminded him it wasn't for another week. Oh well, I got pretty flowers "just because"...kind of.My actual Mother's day was experiencing true motherhood in the most literal sense. Zion, Anjuli and Zui all had the stomach flu so I was busy taking care of them while we all stayed home from church. Luckily enough I didn't catch it (I have no idea how) and now everyone is healthy. The week after Mother's Day we celebrated. Zui stayed home from his 6:30am meeting, insisting he take care of me and the kids :) He made me Sweet Bread french toast with strawberries and whipped cream, yum! He took the kids all day while I just laid on my bed and read a book, it was so great! I even got a second batch of flowers! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful kids, and such a supportive husband. I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the whole world. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women in the world!


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love hearing about what mom's got on mothers day. Every one of them deserve it!
I am glad your family is feeling better. Noelle just came down with the flu today....:(
BTW this picture of you is a great picture.

Meilani said...

Way to go Zui! Your wife is a great mom and very deserving of two sets of flowers from Mother's Day. =) Missing you guys!

Jessica said...

You are one lucky girl! Besides looking FABULOUS pregnant!!! Good on you. Glad you had a fantastic Mother's month...he he