Friday, April 2, 2010

Cookin' with the Kids

Lately I've been trying to let the kids cook with me more often. They absolutely love being helpers in the kitchen, although it usually results in a mess or two... I decided on something simple: Rice Krispie treats. Anjuli and Zion took turns putting in the big marshmallows while counting. Anjuli can count up to 30 (sometimes called 20-10). Zion can count up to 12, missing a 7 every so often...
Here is our Rice Krispy EGG in lieu of Easter :) It wasn't the prettiest thing, so the kids threw on some sprinkles to help deck it out.

And then we cut the egg up into little stars that were much prettier :)


Total entertainment time: 45 minutes.
Anjuli and I left to go deliver some treats to her friends. As we were walking hand in hand I had this sudden impression that it was so special to be able to hold the hand of a 3 yr old. Anjuli is so full of life, so vibrant, so I told her, "I love holding your hand, Anjuli, thanks for holding my hand." She said, "Oh Mommy! I love you so much! I love you TEN!" I laughed to myself and said, "I love you TEN too!"

Our FHE lesson last Monday was on missionaries. We sang "I Hope they Call me on a Mission," looked at pictures from our mission scrapbooks, wore our mission tags, and talked about what missionaries teach. Anjuli loved it. At the end I gave them a quiz and asked, "Do missionaries teach about popcorn or Jesus? To which they responded..."POPCORN!" Hmm... guess we'll still need to have a few lessons on this one :)

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Jenn, You are such a good Mom! You are making lots of great memories for you and your family!