Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cindy's Visit

My sister Cindy and her husband came to visit for a few days! They took us out to dinner (thanks!) and then we stayed up late and talked while we ate icecream.
Can anybody tell we like icecream??Unfortunately I left my camera at home...but we had a great time seeing sea turtles at Lani's beach, then Cindy and Kenny biked the north shore trail while we stayed back at Sharks Cove and played in the water. Zion fell asleep in the car on the way home but woke up after the half hour drive was over. So...he was one cranky little boy. I had to pull another trick out of my bag to help him snap out of it.

Shaving cream. This is actually a self-inflicted disaster. Yes, I bought 2 cans (see, I'm getting smarter--no sharing involved). The idea was to practice letter writing. We did that for about 2 seconds...


Then it turned into "let's see how fast we can waste $3!"
The closest thing to snow in Hawaii.

Little by little my lanai transformed into a slippery skating rink.

Shaving cream slippas

Then Zion started flinging his hands around watching the cream fly off his fingers. Then it really did look like snow falling all over everything.
Did I mention this was a wee bit messy??

But boy did they have fun. We hosed them down and stuck them straight in the bath. p.s. if you try this, beware that the shaving cream leaves an oily white residue behind....guess we'll be scrubbing the lanai for our next activity. My parents always taught me work was a party!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I have a hard time letting my kids be that messy. Good for you!