Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sister's Retreat 2010

Every 3-4 years us Jones sistahs try to get away for a little R&R. This year we all met up in California. It's a new tradition we started not too long ago, and I have to say, I like it--A LOT!
Those that were able to come: Julie, Brittany (newest sister in law!), Cindy, Corina and me.

I came in a day early and got to spend some time with Cindy and her family of 5 adorable kids. We headed up to Lake Folsom for a picnic.

Little did Chris know what was going on while he was blowing up the raft...hehehe :)
Pro paddler takes the kids out for a spin :)
Family fun
Thursday night all the girls came into town. Between all of us we left 18 kids at home with their Dad's.
We stopped at Cheesecake Factory on the way home from the airport to surprise Julie with a little birthday celebration.
mmm...sweetness
Happy Birthday, Juje!
Friday morning we got up and went for a run/walk, then headed out the door for some shopping. What was supposed to only last a short while turned into an all day event. It is sooo easy to shop without kids! We just couldn't stop! These bags are just one of many new purchases.
Aimee couldn't make it on the trip, but was sweet enough to send along some chocolates for us :) Thanks, Aimee!
I was in definite need of a new pair of slippers. In fact, when the cashier at Eddie Bauer saw the ones I was wearing he made me throw them away right then.
No joke, we had to stuff the trunk to fit all of our bags in, too funny!
Saturday we visited Big Trees national park. Huge, huge Redwoods.
Fresh fruit stand. Who would have known they make homemade apple cider donuts and apple streudels? We couldn't resist...
Sunday morning we went for a walk through the neighborhoods. This is somebody's backyard. I was so excited when I saw this horse I just had to take a picture for Anjuli. She would have loved it.

Sunday night Julie and Corina left, but I stayed another day to catch a cheaper flight home. Cindy treated me to her favorite restaurant, Rudy's. Seriously good Mexican food. It just doesn't get better than this.
What cute kids!

Monday night we had a residential campfire :) The Pratt family holds regular campfires in their backyard, how cool is that? We had a great time roasting marshmallows and making smores.



Thanks to Cindy for hosting us and planning the whole thing. I sure had a great time. Can't wait to do it again!!

3 comments:

Ramona said...

What beautiful women! Too bad their Mom couldn't have been there! We're glad you planned such a great event. Thanks to the Dad's who made it all possible.

Morgan said...

does your sister live in sacramento? that looked like the sacramento temple, and we have a folsom lake as well. sounds like such a fun time. so nice to have a break without the kids!!

Jessica said...

aww!! I love it! :) I think the next reunion should be in HAWAII!! :) yeah!!