Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jhihpen and Hualien



On our way to Jhihpen we stopped in Kending to go to the beach. Dad rented a big raft that was pulled by a jet ski. About 6 people could fit on it. It was awesome! I screamed so hard I almost lost my voice. Too bad I don't have any pics of it...but hey then I would be blogging all day (like I already am...will I ever finish?!)

The road to Jhihpen was super windy for several hours. It was hard on all of us. The kids got sick with constant cries of tummies hurting. Luckily nobody lost their lunch, although it was pretty close.
Zion was so excited when he woke up the next morning to look out his window and see...Hot Springs!


This was such a cool place. They had 3 different pools of hot springs: hot, warm, and cold. It was situated in the heart of this jungle. Some of the fam said they saw monkeys swinging in the trees.I didn't bring a swimsuit, but it looked too good to pass up :)

Zui took the boys into the cold pool, brr...


Later that day we left for Hualien. We stopped on the way to take a picture of this bridge: Snake...something? Can't remember...really famous though.

Hualien was where Linda was born and raised. Zui took Zeya to visit the grave site of Linda's parents and grand-parents. I stayed back at the hotel with the other kids to take a much-needed nap. Paying respects...


The graves were huge, almost like mini houses.
This is Cheng-de's grave--Zion's namesake.

All the posterity. Darrell, Lory, Dad, Lorinda, Lehua, Zui.
Mom would have been so excited for this trip. We miss you!

No comments: