Friday, September 9, 2011

Joy School


Joy school has begun! We've recently started a preschool co-op with some ladies in my church, running Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11am. There are 5 of us all together, so we only teach once every 5 weeks. This week was my turn to teach! Wow, what an eye-opening experience! With 4 kids of my own, an added 4 kids seemed a little like a zoo at first, but I got the hang of things by the second day.

We have a pretty organized schedule, complete with a sign-in board, songs, snack time, library, exercise, free-play, arts and crafts, and a *very* short lesson :) It helps to have a lot to do since their attention span is so short.

This pic is of them during freeplay. So funny, I got out some toys and the next thing I know all the girls are dressed up in princess outfits and asking me to paint their nails!



Zion, on the other hand, had the entire other side to himself with his big box of cars, trains, and trucks.

Arts and crafts time: Fingerpainting!



Yesterday we went on a parade. I remember my mom taking us on musical parades when we had birthday parties with friends. I used a Christmas garland that I was just about to throw away as a rope for all the kids to hang onto. They loved it since it was so shiny and glittery. Zeya is hiding behind the door in this pic, but I actually carried him (with Jasmine) down our very short parade, with 6 kids trailing behind. It was a sight to see! The mailman took this picture for me :)

This has been a really fun experience for me, and Anjuli and Zion are loving it :) Yay for Joy School!

1 comment:

Micaela L. Hess said...

Love the photos, Jenn. And Eliza sure enjoyed Joy School at your house this week! Thanks for making it so fun!