Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas

Christmas Eve was a bit crazy...I think I had too high of expectations.  I was trying to get my kids to act out the nativity but really it was a disaster.  Lots of fighting and whining, by the time half the kids had gotten on their costumes the other half had taken them off.  I think having the baby the day before kinda put me out, also. Wasn't in the best of moods, probably from sleep deprivation and my body aching.  But we carried on!


Our very own baby Jesus (he was busy nursing when we were filming our nativity, and by the time he was done the kids had already changed...oh well :)




For the last couple of years I've gotten the kids pajamas to open Christmas Eve.  I know that's nothing new, but I liked it so they would jump into some cute new clothes and be excited to go to bed, instead of up playing with a new toy.  However.... Zeya opened up his PJ's and immediately was upset.  He wanted a TOY!  Never again will I do pj's Christmas Eve...


Christmas morning, let the fun begin!!  The strings tradition continues.




Anjuli got a camera, which she absolutely loves.  Between her snapping pictures and her new joke book she was set.

Ezekiel opened up all the presents from my piano students.

Jazzy got a box of cookies, which she was plenty happy with eating away.

Can't say enough good stuff about this man.  He had a string for me that led to the TV.  He made me a "Best of 2014" video--all our best pics set to music.  It was exactly what I wanted (I literally told him that's what I wanted :) but I wasn't sure if he would..  Cheers to Zui for being the man, helping me through labor, delivery, and newborn baby blues and managing to pull off Christmas with a new family of six kids!!

No comments: