Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Bonanza

Friday, November 21st I turned 28 years old! It wasn't too bad turning 28, feels a lot like 27 so far, although I'm not looking forward to turning 30... I had the most perfect birthday. Zui got me flowers and watched the kids all day while I went out with my friend Katie.We had a blast together! We went to the North Shore, stopping at Shark's Cove and Lani's.
We got totally drenched by this wave :)Lani's is where you find sun-bathing turtles.
Katie totally spoiled me. She took me out to lunch to Chili's where the whole crew sang Happy Birthday to me.
Then we got pedicures and manicures!!!


Love the toes. We got matching flowers done :)

I got the awesomest present from my little bro, Chris. His friend made this etching of me and Bud swing dancing. I think it's called cross-hatching.
It doesn't get any better than this--birthday massage. Did I tell you Katie is a massage therapist?
Katie even taught Anjuli how to rub my feet with lotion...that will come in handy in the future :)
Then Katie watched the kids while Zui and I went out to eat at P.F. Changs. Don't I have the best friend?
And, like a cherry on a banana split, Zui topped off my birthday bonanza by singing Happy Birthday to me (and the rest of the restaurant).
It was actually a dare.
He says, "Jenn want me to sing to you?" (there were tons of people around).
"Yeah right, you're not gonna sing. Even if I wanted you to."
"Yeah I will."
"I dare you."
"K, just to prove it to you, I'll sing, Loud, and Off-key."
After Zui finished, the restaurant started clapping, followed by one guy asking, "So did she say Yes?"
Of course! I'd say 'yes' a million times over.
Thanks, love, you're the best.

8 comments:

j said...

Happy Birthday! Your day sounded like so much FUN. I love the part about Zui singing happy birthday to you. That is hilarious! Glad you had a great day! What an awesome friend you have too!

Corina said...

Oh my goodness, Jenn, you've got the sweetest friend and husband! What a day! Danny and I laughed so hard watching Zui sing we cried....Zui's got guts! (And he'd do absolutely anything for you...)

Unknown said...

haha! That's awesome you had an awesome birthday! Happy belated birthday! and I love the part where Zui sang to you in the restaurant! love it!

Jason & Rebecca Jones Family said...

Turning 30 is not bad it feels a lote like 27-28-29. What a fun day, Zui is a good one.

Just Charming said...

Happy Birthday, Jenn! Wow, it really looks like you had an amazing day full of fun and celebration! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious! You have the best husband ever for singing off key like that, haha. Michael would NEVER do anything like that for me. Anyways, hope you had a good birthday!!

Griffiths Ohana said...

Holy cow Zui! Have a little respect for yourself! Nah, just joke! I was laughing so hard! Jenn, Happy belated birthday again! I LOVE your hair! And Anjuli is getting so big! We need to get her and Koa together again for another twin photo! I'm glad I was able to have kids to show you what your future kids would look like to seal the deal with Zui! You're welcome Zui- come on she didn't marry you for your singing...

Britters and Parx said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! What does was your bday? I alway knew November was a good month!! =)