Friday, October 2, 2009

The Meaning Behind the Name

IZAIAH IVAN KAUKALIOKEAKUA XIANG-DE KIM



Izaiah--We both liked this name from the start, but of course Zui has to have a "Z" in all his boys names :)

Ivan--My Dad's name! A man I have always looked up to.

Kaukaliokeakua- Hawaiian for "The faithful follower of God"

Xiang-De--Chinese for "eminating virtue". According to traditional Chinese naming, siblings share one common character, which is why Zion (Cheng-De) and Izaiah share the same last character.

Kim--Korean for "gold" (oh, and his last name :)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Jenn, you should know that I faithfully look at your blog, soley to see how cute your kids are:) And now this little one? Sheesh, I don't know if I can stomach another cute little tiny. Good job you too. For reals, you guys have a good recipe goin.

Unknown said...

nice! I like that he has a Z in his name! Thanks for sharing the meaning of his name! LOVE IT!

Tane and Angela said...

i love his name and he's such a cute bundle of joy!!!! congrats!!! i'm so glad you're suffering of (over due labor) is finally over and now you can reap the benefit of the 9 long months to finally hold your baby! congrats to your family!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the baby! He's beautiful. I randomly stumbled on your blog and could't believe it! I actually have one too! Email me and I'll send you an invite. Kynihe@gmail.com