Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cinque Terre, Italy

I had to start with this one...the girl behind Zui had her hair flying like crazy :) too funny.
So after a bumpy overnight train from Paris, we arrived in Cinque Terre! This is by far my favorite place in Europe. Five little fishing villages line the Italian riviera. With amazing views and true Italians, it just doesn't get any better.
Our first day there all we did was eat gelato and spend 6 hours on the beach--the ideal vacation. It felt soo so nice to get in the water!
Zui had fun cliff diving. Video to come...So here is the little village we stayed in called Vernazza. Zui took this shot from our long 7 mile hike we took which trails through each of the 5 cities.
The beginning of the hike is called "Via del Amore" or "Lover's Lane" because, of course, it is so beautiful and romantic :)
Riomaggiore, the first of the 5 cities. This is where I stayed the last time I was in Cinque Terre.
Manarola

Monteroso

Getting sweaty during the long hike. We had to stop a bunch of times...it was a little harder this time being 6 months pregnant. Zui didn't mind, a little gelato along the way sure helps!


The mountainside is filled with grape/wine vineyards.

huph! More stairs?! A killer hike, but it paid off in the amazing views.
Corniglia

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Beautiful! what a fun trip!! Jenn, I am totally impressed you did that hike!

Olivia McCord said...

You are a trooper! I walked around Europe 6 months pregnant with Marcus and I sure got tired. You look amazing and I really, really want to do that hike someday!

Marcene said...

Jenn, I love all your pics. I'm hopin to get to France in the next year. But after seeing your pictures of Cinque Terre, I'm rethinking all the places I want to visit. Glad you have such a great kid free trip. What a dream.

Tane and Angela said...

Wow Jenn! I totally didn't know you were pregnant..i've been out of the loop for a while..congrats! and the 27th of Sept.?! coming up soon-but i'm sure not fast enough. That's actually ava's birthday-how fun! Anyways, you look really good and your kids are all growing up sooo fast! Lucky you get to go on a second honeymoon! How fun!!!

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Wow, Jenn! Your European vacation looks amazing! I'm so glad you guys got to that!

Kristy said...

GORGEOUS! Looks like SO much fun. I would love to go to Europe one day....