Friday, July 10, 2009

Coming Home

It was so great to see the kids after being gone 2 weeks and 1 day. Anjuli was the cutest, she was soo excited to see me! She was hyper the rest of the day and wouldn't stop touching me.
Zion was a bit...confused. After 2 weeks of having a new mommy, he still preferred my sister over me. In fact, he wouldn't come to me for the first day--he cried when I picked him up and reached for Corina. I have to admit it was a little heartbreaking at first, but I really am glad that Zion was able to bond to someone new so quickly and get the kind of love he needed. Thanks a million, Corina!
Here's what we missed while we were gone:
My sister's husband accidentally dressed Zion in Anjuli's clothes one night :) Scary, he does make a pretty girl!
Look, I'm walking!
What a cutie

Corina said Zion loved playing with this balloon that would float above the air vent.
Anjuli and Evie LOVED being sisters :)
Hot Tub bubble bath!
jump!
Two peas in a pod :)
What cute elephants!
Evie makes a good Mommy :)
Corina kept sending me pictures every few days to keep me posted on how much fun the kids were having. It was so reassuring seeing my kids all happy. I can't thank you enough, Corina!

4 comments:

Corina said...

Oh, I miss those two sweeties!! I'll always feel like Zion is part mine...

Kristy said...

Your sister looks a lot like you! Looks like the kids had fun. It's hard to leave your little ones when they are that small. I always look forward to little vacations, but always start missing them almost as soon as they are gone!

The Araki Ohana said...

Thank you Jenn for you sharing your precious moments with us. You do really look like your sister:) WOW! Anyway, glad to see Anjuli and Zion having fun. They are getting so big. Keep up the good work, mommy!

Kurt said...

Wow, I'm so jealous of you guys, that looks like an awesome vacation! I know how you feel about being away from your kids though, it has been four weeks since I've seen my kids. I'm finally going to meet back up with my family on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited. At least during the two weeks away you two had each other! :) You've got a way cute family.