Monday, February 1, 2010

Preschool

Anjuli just started Preschool! My friend and I decided to get together and swap days and kids in an attempt to teach our children without paying $700/month for preschool. So... every Monday, Anjuli goes over to Aiden's house from 9-11am, then I get Aiden every Thursday for 2 hours. These pictures were taken at Aiden's house, her very first day of preschool.
Anjuli LOVES preschool. She just kept talking about it all day. Art class

Montessori counting activity


Snack time! (a must)


Coloring activity. After they scribbled in pink and red, they put another heart-shaped paper on top for Valentine's Day. What a great idea! Right now mine is hanging on our front door :) I love displaying Anjuli's school work. I can't believe my little girl is so big already!

On a side note, I finally finished making a calendar for Anjuli. I wanted her to know what was coming up in advance so she could look forward to activities and know what to expect. Every night she X's out the day on the calendar, and in the morning she moves over the "day" dot that indicates which day we are on.

So far I have tags for church, FHE (family night), preschool, playdates, and Mom and Dad's date night. It's funny, she really likes date nights because she loves babysitters. I think she likes the extra attention, and the fact that the night usually includes a movie :)

4 comments:

Ramona said...

What a GREAT IDEA! I loved seeing the calendar because I saw everything that is important to me on it: Mom and Dad's date night, FHE, Church, etc. Be sure to get a picture of the temple so you can show Anjuli that you go to the temple.

deseret said...

I love it! I love your calendar which shows what is coming up each day. I'll need to incorporate that into our calendar. Anjuli is growing up so quickly. I enjoy seeing what she is doing at preschool. I love the ideas and I love seeing how she is just having so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

Britters and Parx said...

I love this idea! I will have to remember it! =)

Darth Mama said...

nice!