Friday, July 2, 2010

New House Pics


We are still slowly unpacking and working on remodeling...but here is the latest state of our house :) This is just as you walk in the front door. The stairs are on the left, kitchen on the right.
Here's our kitchen, I Love the color Corina helped me pick out "Rookwood Blue Green." I can't say enough good about Sherwin Williams. I asked about a discount and they gave me each gallon of paint for $15 each!
Living room/family room. The desk will be moved into the office downstairs once our carpet comes in. The carpet should come in about 2 weeks, can't wait. Then we can finish moving furniture around and finally put up some pictures and decorate.
Dining room--I bought this table off of craigslist for $75. It comes with an extension leaf and 6 chairs, but all in terrible condition. So this is the next project I'm in the middle of (like I really needed another project...what was I thinking?!)
Looking outside to our lanai, which needs a LOT of work. Zui plans on removing all the concrete this week, then laying down a deck and putting in grass. Just one of many projects...
Before and after pics of the chairs I'm working on. We're still deciding on a color. DH doesn't like the red, so we may go for a brown. Still many hours left to go on this project, but little by little things are coming together!

5 comments:

Dave and Elizabeth said...

It's looking GREAT!

Jessica said...

Jenn! That looks SO good!! The floors are beautiful :) I love the colors too. And have you thought about painting the chairs black?? We just love black furniture ha ha so have to suggest that one :) But whatever you choose it's going to look awesome. Congratulations on having your own home. It's so exciting!!

Noelle said...

Jenn! Your house is BEAUTIFUL! I love it. So much space. Such an exciting project.

Also, thanks again for stopping by last night and the yummy cookies. I'm going to miss you as my VT. Keep posting more updates...

Darth Mama said...

It is looking great, Jenn! It is a wonderful place for your family!

Just Charming said...

Hi, Jenn. Just thought you might like to read this blog post: http://shannonmakesstuff.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-finished.html

She refinished her table and chairs too.

Maybe this will help ease your mind a little and give you some instruction on what you'll need to do.