Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Anjuli starts Preschool

Today was Anjuli's first day of Preschool! She was soo excited to go. Thanks to the Kamehameha Pauahi Scholarship, she was able to go for free (thank you KS!). She will go MWF from 7:30-11:30am. Her scholarship actually covered her to go every day, so it was a hard decision to make. Finally we decided to keep it at 3 days a week so that I can still have some time to teach her and play with her. Since I'm gone teaching piano each afternoon, the morning is the only time I have with her.
First day of school picture :)
Anjuli is in the "Honu" class! Honu means turtle in Hawaiian, so all their decorations are turtle style--I love it!
Anjuli's cubby hole--so cute!
Anjuli has 2 teachers: Miss Juanita

and Miss DeeDee (DeAnne)
I brought Zion to drop Anjuli off...he looked like he wanted to stay, too :) Hopefully next year we can get him in 3 days a week and Anjuli in 5 days.

She loved playing with the My Little Ponies and the sand station.A look at their classroom--charts galore! Weather chart, Calendar, Job chart, Alphabets, sign-in chart... I love how organized it is and how each day has a schedule to follow.

Baby station: this is Anjuli's favorite place to play. Complete baby center with play food, dress up clothes, and play house toys.
Anjuli's first day she got to paint! She painted a black frame that will display all her artwork she does throughout the year. They even let Zion paint, too!
Science center--how cool is that?
When I came to pick up Anjuli she did NOT want to leave. She was sad everyone else got to stay for lunch but she had to go home. It is so nice to know she likes preschool and gets to try all sorts of different things. I have to say it was great to have some one on one time with Zion. Zeya sleeps from 9-11am, so during that time I really get to give Zion all my attention--something he REALLY needs right now.

6 comments:

Olivia McCord said...

Yay for preschool! I'm happy for you that you get a break. I don't know how moms last until kindergarten without having a break!

Kylee said...

Soo cute Jenn! What a fun adventure for Anju...and true that one, thank you Bernice Pauahi and KS :) Love those scholarships!

Britters and Parx said...

oh how wonderful!! Can I go to preschool again?? It looks so fun! How did you get the scholarship? And good for you for only sending her 3 days. That says a lot! =)

Darth Mama said...

it looks like Anjuli is loving it at school! What a great start she is having!

Just Charming said...

Looks like an amzing school! She looks to really enjoy it and that is terrific! Congratulations on the scholarship. I know you both must have been thrilled!

Miss you guys!

Jessica said...

That is really awesome! She's adorable and I'm sure she's having a fantastic time. And I know what you mean about giving one on one time with your little guy. It's so needed and he's going to feel awesome. YAY!!!