Monday, May 2, 2011

Zeya's Big Fall


Zeya has decided to be a pirate for the next few weeks... Friday morning he wanted to go for a walk so bad, so, in an effort to keep him happy I put him in the stroller, then ran upstairs to grab a few things. I should have known better... next thing I know I hear the scream that all mom's know means something serious. Apparently he climbed up to the top of the stroller, where his weight toppled it over and he landed face first in the gravel. He screamed for an hour, it was so heartbreaking.

As you can see, he got some pretty bad road rash on his forehead, nose, and chin, as well as the lovely black eye. Luckily he is okay, and doing surprisingly well. Zui took him to the ER, where the nurse actually said, "oh look what happens when Daddy babysits..." Zui laughed and said, "I was at work!"
I'm pretty emotional now, being pregnant, so for the first few hours everytime I looked at him I would cry and tell him how sorry I was.
Then when I would pull out the camera he would put on this silly grin and I would cry and say, "how can you smile at a time like this?!"
He has been a trooper. Thanks Zeya for still being all smiles. I promise I'll be a better mom!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Sad. Greta fell out of a shopping cart in December and I felt like the worst mom ever when I had to take her to the ER and they gave her a CT scan.

Olivia McCord said...

Marcus and Wether got shiners like that within a month of each other - it was heartbreaking!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

So scary!! I'm glad he's ok!! Those are those situations where your mom heart just stops dead, and then you re-live it again and again just wishing over and over that you could have done something different. Been there - done that!

Jessica said...

oh Jenn! It's so heartbreaking...especially when you have to see it everyday! His smiley face just makes you smile. What a happy boy. I have to say that's a cool battlewound. Don't think about what you could have done differently...it will eat you aliiive!! Haha. He's got the best mom and knows you love him very much. If I was living by you, I totally would bring chocolate over!! Wish we could hang out :)

Unknown said...

All you have to know and remember is accidents happen!